Sunday, January 18, 2015

Week 5 Recap: The AFC Championship Edition

We are now five weeks into our training and this was a cutback week, meaning that after four weeks of building to higher mileage we added an extra cross-training day and our longest run was 4 miles shorter than last week.  This gives a bit of rest before we begin another several week period of building to higher mileage.

In keeping with the theme of the cutback week, I will keep this recap brief so I can get back downstairs to root on the Patriots in the AFC championship game against the Colts.  The Seahawks just took the NFC title in a shocking OT win against the Packers, and hopefully it will be our Pats facing them in the Super Bowl on February 1st. 

"Umm, I thought this was supposed to be a recap of your marathon training and fundraising this past week...sounds more like a football recap so far..."

Well, yes. Because I know how much you love football. And how much you love supporting this wonderful cause I am running for. So friends, I have done you a favor and combined the two. That's right, I am selling Super Bowl Squares to support my fundraising efforts for DFMC. You could win $100, $300, or even $1000 and you are helping to fund vital cancer research. And while I can't tell you what will happen on the field, I can tell you this is a win/win. Click HERE to read all about how it works and please feel free to shoot me a note at emcollins3@gmail.com with any questions. 

Okay, back to running.  I will post some more specifics in this week's forthcoming group run recap, but I just have to say I am LOVING this team. So inspiring and motivating. This week I also switched to my new Garmin Forerunner 220 running watch from my Nike Plus app on my phone, which also means a new way of tracking my mileage. Overall this was a nice easy week with plenty of cold temps, all sub 10 minute average paces, and some rest days with pilates.

Now if you will excuse me I have a Patriots victory to go watch AND a nephew and niece to go snuggle.  More updates to come this week!