Monday, November 16, 2015

Monday Motivation - When I Run...

When I run, all at once the world fades away and reappears in vivid detail
Stresses and petty nothings dissipate, and in their place - beauty unfurled. 
In simple fleeting moments so often gone unseen, unappreciated, unknown
Nods, smiles, handshakes, cries, laughter, whizzes, whirls, and chirps
In water gently lapping and tapping, then flowing fast away
I am absorbed and consumed in the rhythmic trance of each footfall
And the path takes me farther than the mileage ever says
Yet even in zen a soul can weep. 
For the magnitude of this world can oft be far too much
Though I push on in hopes these simple beauties will comfort me a moment longer
Wrapping me in their embrace and blocking out the rain
Until life breaks in loud and coarse, and we agree to meet again tomorrow.