Monday, April 11, 2016

Monday Motivation: One Week and All The Feelings

You would think that because I ran the marathon last year I would be heading into this weekend with nerves of steel, right?  Wrong. With one week to go I woke up this morning with butterflies in my tummy and ALL the feelings. There is just something about it being one week away that makes it all very, very real.

So I headed into Boston for work. And the marathon themed New Balance posters are up in Kenmore Square. The newly unveiled "Boston Strong" painting is gracing the Charlesbridge overpass spanning Commonwealth. And the scaffolding has gone up for the finish line on Boylston. Even the yogurt commercial on the radio this morning was geared towards people running the marathon! 

Surprisingly, seeing all of these things did nothing to calm my nerves. Shocking, right? 

Then my coworkers surprised me by matching the amount raised from today's Red Sox home opener "Jeans for Generosity" day to benefit my DFMC fundraising, and my heart and mind are exploding from love and gratitude (plus all the other aforementioned feelings). I can't even compose a logical thought right now because I am so overcome by everyone's generosity throughout this journey.

So I am taking deep breaths, working to compose my thoughts, and focusing on why and for who I will be running a week from today. And of course I am also daydreaming about the delicious BBQ I will eat tonight in support of DFMC. I'll be back with some more posts to get us geared up for the big day but in the meantime, here two of my favorite marathon motivations to get you through the rest of your Monday and kick start the week. 

My prayer for the next week

It's NOT a sprint. It's a Marathon.
Overlooking Boylston Street and Mile 26. 


Yankees Fan  + Red Sox themed  "Jeans for Generosity" day at work =
DFMC baseball cap and shirt!!!