Monday, December 28, 2015

Monday Motivation - An Open Letter to My Laziness

Dear Laziness,

So we meet again. We broke up quite a while ago and I have been just fine without you. Blissfully happy, in fact. However, lately I have noticed you trying to win me back. Your callous giggle as you push snooze on an early alarm meant to get me out the door for a run. Your brazenness as you pile another cookie on my plate. And your haughtiness while ignoring baskets of laundry ready to be put away. It seems you are everywhere I look these days and I do not like it.

When I first broke things off I knew you wouldn't take it well. You lingered around the corner always ready and trying to lure me back. But I stayed strong. And eventually, your voice became but a whisper and distant memory as I conquered my to do lists, set and surpassed goals, and enjoyed a productive life without you.

But you are persistent and, well, now here we are again.

So I am here to tell you, it stops now. We had our little holiday fling but now you have to go. No matter the rush I may feel when you first arrive, I am always left frustrated and unfulfilled while regretting all that could have been if I had only just ignored you and your pesky ways.

This is goodbye (until 16 weeks from today right around 5:00pm when I may welcome another fling- but you are NOT moving back in and I want my key back).

Not Yours,
Erin