Monday, December 14, 2015

Monday Motivation - Official Training Starts Now!

Today marks the official start of our 18 week training plan to prepare for the 120th Boston Marathon on April 18, 2016! I will begin posting training recaps this week and here are a few fun numbers to put the next 18 weeks into perspective:

13,100 | My DFMC fundraising goal in honor of the half marathon distance (13.1 miles)
10,846 | Number of dollars still needed to reach my goal
522 | Number of training miles I will run between now and April 18, 2016 
26.2 | Number of miles I will run in the Boston Marathon
20 | Longest number of miles I will run in a single run prior to the marathon
18 | Weeks until the Boston Marathon
8 | Number of towns we will run through during the marathon 
6 | Age of my amazing DFMC patient partner Darla 
2 | Pairs of running shoes I will go through during training 
1 | Goal: To end cancer 
0 | The number of people who should be affected by cancer